At 975 feet in length, Nieuw Statendam is as long as 12 blue whales and during her first year in service she’ll sail 92,723 nautical miles, more than four times around the globe, visiting 75 ports.
Those are just a few of the fascinating statistics about Nieuw Statendam’s first year in service.
Here are 20 more:
- Artists from 150 different countries are represented in Nieuw Statendam‘s 1,920 works of art on board.
- More than 150 bottles of red wine will be made each month at BLEND, the first purpose-built wine blending venue at sea.
- Two hundred pounds of pasta will be prepared at Canaletto during a seven-day cruise.
- It would take 70,667 standard bottles of Champagne to fill Nieuw Statendam‘s Lido Pool.
- On a week-long voyage, 9,331 towel animals will be created.
- In the first year, 42,760 pounds of lobster will be served.
- On a seven-day cruise, 4,200 cups of coffee will be served.
- The hull of Nieuw Statendam is made up of 720 individual blocks.
- In Lido Market on a weeklong cruise, 5,600 freshly made, personalized salads will be prepared at Wild Harvest.
- The ship’s crew members represent 33 countries.
- On a seven-day cruise, more than 42,000 eggs will be used.
- More than 9,360 songs will be performed in Rolling Stone Rock Room during the first year.
- Guests will indulge in 11,440 massages during the first year.
- Pinnacle Grill will serve 600 pounds of Double R Ranch Beef during a seven-day cruise.
- During a seven-day cruise, 3,000 burgers will be served at Dive-In.
- Seventy performers will grace the stages of Music Walk during the first year.
- Eighteen different flavors of gelato will be made on board each cruise.
- In the first year, 260 live America’s Test Kitchen shows will help our guests master their home kitchens.
- Grand Dutch Café will serve 1,250 beers on a seven-day cruise.
- New York Deli & Pizza will serve up 350 breakfast sandwiches on a weeklong cruise.
Categories: Cruise Lifestyle