For the 2018 cruise season out of South Africa, Silversea Cruises are offering a number of custom land-based adventures that can be combined with its Cape Town cruises during the year.
The new small-group, pre- and post-cruise tours in South Africa and Namibia are part of the cruise line’s new Couture Collection of adventures to remote destinations around the globe. The collection includes nine different trips in India, South America, the South and North Poles and Australia.
“Our guests are seasoned luxury travellers looking to discover the least accessible corners of our planet, where nature can still astound with its untouched beauty,” said Manfredi Lefebvre d’Ovidio, Silversea’s Executive Chairman, in a statement.
“The Couture Collection reveals the most exotic places, cultures and people on carefully curated journeys that feature all the extraordinary touches of comfort and luxury for which Silversea is renowned,” the statement added.
The South African option in the Couture Collection can be combined with Silver Spirit’s January 15 cruise or Silver Cloud’s March 21 cruise out of Cape Town and includes a flightsee trip over the Namibian desert and a night’s stay at award-winning Little Kulala Camp.
Silversea guests then board Rovos Rail’s ‘Pride of Africa’ in Pretoria and take the train to Cape Town, where they will board their cruise ship.
These nine Couture Collection trips are available for booking now:
- Rwanda and Serengeti (eight days): Spend two days searching for gorillas in Rwanda followed by a game drive in Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park. Combinable with Silver Discoverer’s November 16 and 27 cruises.
- White Desert and South Pole (11 days): Skip the Drake Passage and fly to Antarctica on a Gulfstream jet, then sleep in “igloos” in a luxury camp by night and explore ice caves and meet penguins by day. Combinable with Silver Spirit’s December 18 cruise.
- Namibia and Rovos Rail (six days): Flightsee in the Namibian desert, stay at award-winning Little Kulala Camp then ride “the most luxurious train in the world” from Pretoria to Cape Town. Combinable with Silver Spirit’s January 15 cruise or Silver Cloud’s March 21 cruise.
- India (six days): Travel by private plane or vintage railway to the Ranthambore wildlife reserve, Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur and the ancient city of Jaisalmer. Combinable with Silver Muse’s October 8 cruise.
- Australian Outback (five days): Fly to Darwin for an outback adventure complete with visits to Aboriginal rock art sites, a cruise through the Bullo River Gorge and a swim in natural rock pools. Combinable with Silver Discoverer’s July 19 and 29 cruises.
- Iceland (five days): Take private helicopters to remote locations, where you can eat lunch on a glacier-capped volcano or trek through an ice tunnel. Combinable with Silver Cloud’s July 27 and August 8 cruises.
- Tibet (five days): Visit a Buddhist nunnery and the holy Jokhang Temple, meditate with monks and tour the former summer palace of the Dalai Lama. Combinable with Silver Shadow’s September 28 and October 14 cruises.
- Mongolia (six or seven days): Visit reindeer herders, learn about the Kazakh people and attend the Naadam Festival with its horse racing, archery and wrestling. Combinable with Silver Shadow’s April 25 and May 10 cruises.
- Bolivia (eight or 10 days): Sleep on Salar de Uyuni salt flats in luxurious geodesic dome tents, hike to the cave of the Coquesa mummies and visit volcanoes and hot springs. Combinable with Silver Cloud’s October 15 and 26 cruises.